Today was a light day highlighted by less work and good food. This trip I hadn't been to Walker Brothers or to The BBQ Pit so today I went to both. Otherwise, things at the house are wound up for the contractors to do their stuff. I've arranged for people to keep an eye on things while the work is happening and I am setting up to head East back to my life for a little bit.
Projectwise it feels a little odd to walk away at this moment. There's still quite a bit to do on the house to get it ready to sell. On the other hand, much the remaining list is stuff that requires both me and my sister, so that would wait anyway. And then there's the dimension of trying to live and work in a house that has a crew of people working on it. I just have to remember that even though I'm not working that the project is moving forward.
Plus it will give me some time to decompress. That's something I think I really need.
- Went to the store to get some cleaning supplies, a file box for active files, and some "road" items.
- Swapped out 75W Spots for 60W Floods in the exterior lights that are on a sensor.
- Emailed the GC with some additional items
- Met with a home appraiser (our tax guy says we'll need an appraisal to settle the estate).
- Took my cousin through the GC's list so she can check up on things for me.
- Finished clearing away any small items from the rooms where people will be working.
- Did some additional cleaning/consolidation in the basement.
Tomorrow: Pack, load up, gas up, Chicago, Indiana, Ohio, PA, Pittsburgh...