Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

So I guess everyone who has a blog is supposed to do a Thanksgiving post. I can't recall if I have done one before. Seems likely.

What am I thankful for?

The presence and health of all the people around me, from my wonderful wife, my family and her family, and all of my friends and co-workers and students. Even in the face of some illnesses, I am still thankful to have all of these people.

My home and my work and my pets and all the other things that make my life my life.

Mostly I think I am thankful that nearly all the things I consider to be problems would to nearly all the people in the world consider not to be problems at all. I think maybe we lose perspective and forget that there are millions of people in the world that would just love to be faced with our problems.

For many people today the biggest problem in their life will be that their cable carrier doesn't have the Colts game.

Maybe we all ought to be thankful for the problems in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw the blog on pghbloggers.com. You didn't metnion being thankful for Iron City beer! J/K, no one else did either.

www.drinkironcity.com