Tuesday, June 29, 2010

T-Sweep

The "Clean Sweep" people say not to save old t-shirts for sentimental value. Clearly I haven't listened. Here's some shirts that have avoided many purges. Do any deserve to hang around longer.

Lets start with "Work":

From Tshirtpics

This is a fairly recent casualty. It went in the bin because I can't drive past a McDonald's without stopping. Curiously I don't think this one should go to Goodwill, as you have to be certified to get it. Maybe I shouldn't care.

From Tshirtpics

These are from Chicago Scenic, I think from the second time I worked there. The shirt celebrates their 15th anniversary. A quick check of the website says the company is now 30 years old. Maybe I should ask Bob for some new swag.

From Tshirtpics

I am fairly certain this shirt didn't fit when I got it and that the logo on the shirt was no longer used by the company at the time. Still my esprit de corps makes me just nuts about company logowear, so I had to have one.

From Tshirtpics

This isn't a work shirt, but it goes with the last one. I probably spent as much time in their bar as I did at my desk.

From Tshirtpics

This is the back of the "We're the kids who pulled the fire alarm" shirt from TEN. I didn't so much like the slogan, but it really did fit the company (but not so much me, which probably contributed to their letting me go). Makes an interesting shirt though.

From Tshirtpics

This is from when I worked at Hudson Scenic in NYC. Having a Local #1 shirt isn't the same as having a Local #1 card, but I liked being able to claim the association.

From Tshirtpics

Closing out the "work" round are a couple of shirts from the 1996 Democratic National Convention. Probably the largest project I ever worked on, so it gets two shirts.

There's only one work tee that I can think of that I did have that I wish I still had. I have a bunch of Apple Tree swag around someplace, but I don't have one of the original Traveling Troupe shirts from the Workshop. That would be a nice piece to hang on to.

No comments: