Sunday, January 20, 2008

Out With The Old...


And in with the new...


The Slingbox installation has been proving more difficult than anticipated. I'd managed to get it working on our network, but not I nor the tech people at Sling could get it to work over the internet. After some scrounging online I decided it was a hardware configuration problem and before I fixed it I thought I would see if I could upgrade our DSL equipment.

So we've gone from two devices to one and from 802.11b to g. There's a pretty crappy "maintenance fee" Verizon is apparently charging now, but I think I can live with it if everything else works properly.

Still don't know if the internet connection works - have to wait until tomorrow for that.

(ooh, I took these pics with the camcorder instead of my camera. They're only 640x480 native, but I still think they came out pretty good, just peachy for net posting anyway.)

No comments: