Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Ellipses...

Ok, we'll try this even though it's been a while... Hooray for CA and the Prop8 decision, of course now we all get to watch the appeals... My desktop computer shit the bed, all indications point to a fried motherboard, here's hoping the hard drive is intact (remember to backup, people)... I have a car and a house for sale in the Chicago area. If either of those things interest you please get in touch... I went to work a couple of days this week, all things being equal it's pretty hard to get motivated - and, lo and behold, they are managing fine without me... The realty market here in Pittsburgh is pretty dead this week. We were all concerned and then our realtor told us not to worry "it's not you, it's everyone;" Not so sure that's actually better... Against all preparation the first week of school is going to be a doozy for production again... We booked one Vegas trip for August and I booked another for October, now all I need is to win the Logo/MLE contest for a small straight (although anyone in Vegas would know not to try to fill an inside straight - and how could anything straight be attributed to Logo?)... I think it is quite likely one of our cats will be going to the shelter by the end of the week. This is one of a myriad of things I am sad about... HDNet is so far the best FIOS discovery. They run Star Trek: Enterprise back to back in the morning, and this week they added Torchwood - both without commercials... Using my laptop as a desktop a little bit makes it look like it is on a hospital bed - cables running everywhere... My other page has gone into complete suspended animation through the month of July. I am trying to get someone to pick it up for the fall, but a little bit I am afraid it might be over... Everyone seems excited and eager for the fall semester to begin. Me less so... I've been getting an unusual number of Facebook connect requests from people I don't know, one would think they can't all be incoming frosh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think many of us who are interested in the green page don't have work study :/

Also, they aren't all incoming freshmen - the spammers have learned to spam all of your friends, and a surprising number of your friends do add them. So they look like people you should know, but they aren't.