Monday, February 07, 2011

Ellipses...

Super ellipses? A few thoughts the next day... I think Pittsburgh lives at about 80% of the fever pitch you might see in another city with a Superbowl bound team all the time, I hardly noticed the difference from the regular season... Two weeks is a long time to wait for the game, even with the Pro-Bowl moved into the gap... Also, I think there's really no reason why we couldn't kick off at maybe 4:00pm. Let everyone out west grab lunch and then let's go already... Last couple of years I haven't done a Superbowl party even with it being the Steelers. Not sure why... I know the NFL want's to disguise the over-the-toppedness of the thing, really it is just too ridiculous, but all the Americana and the troops and, really they read the Declaration of Independence? It's just a football game, we know its just a football game, stop trying to make it Election day, the 4th of July, and Veteran's Day rolled together... Have the singer that does the National Anthem do it clean. Better yet, do it like the Olympics and use an instrumental... I didn't like the Doritos ad with the pug. Although I thought it less of a failure when I remembered this year's Doritos ads were contest winners... I had the thought after the Packers scored the first time "nobody said we were going to shut them out." It's a line from Any Given Sunday... Many of the Steelers looked a step slow... I kept thinking there was something odd about the playing surface, what with how so many players were getting hurt on what looked like routine plays... I thought the Chrysler commercial was well done, not sure it would make me buy a Chrysler though - or move to Detroit... That shot down the seats in Jerry Jones box looked like the Legion of Doom... It was nice to get a little bit of momentum before halftime. Kept the game watchable... Halftime. Meh. If I got a vote I would have them go to DCI and take one or more of the finalists and give them the budget and see what you get... The third quarter was nice. I especially liked the all running play touchdown drive, seemed for a moment like they really had found their groove... That Pepsi Max commercial, the one where the guy is thinking "I wanna sleep with her." I must be getting older, but, not appropriate... I kinda liked the Snickers ad, but I liked the Betty White version better - really I like the Aretha and Liza one the best... Toward the end, I thought we'd get the field goal, and then I thought they would score again, and then I thought we would score in the end. Almost called it... So we didn't get the end we'd hoped for, they really fell apart a little on that final drive... Really wasn't their year though. People hardly remember Dennis Dixon as QB or weeks without Troy. Next year will be better...

No comments: