Monday, April 22, 2013

Ellipses...

Sitting at my new desk at home.  Might need a new chair...  Should I be watching the NBA playoffs?  The Bulls fan in me says I should be...  Only two weeks of class left at work.  Every single year it seems to go that much faster...  Considering retiring my desktop at home.  Thinking about using a laptop as my primary machine for the first time...  The US Senate really never misses a chance to disappoint these days.  Might bee time to change the cloture rules...  Started through the backlog of Orphan Black on the DVR.  So far it seems to be a show about a girl not answering the phone.  A little it reminds me of Dark Angel.  That's not a bad thing...  After due consideration I have decided that #Nerdland - Melissa Harris Perry might be the best news/commentary show on TV.  Clearly I have drunk the MSNBC Kool-Aid...  Went to a retirement celebration for a faculty member that has been here more than 40 years.  If I hang here for 40 years it will be the year 2040 and I will be, I will be old...  Mrs TANBI and I may have shelved our landscaping ambitions in favor of an even crazier real estate scheme.  Keep in mind I had called the landscaping plan "science fiction"...  It is possible I did a lousy job selecting articles for the News From the Real World this week...  I think that maybe June will be a post-a-day month like I did in January.  Writing a blog shouldn't be this hard...  Being in a job 40 years feels like a long, long time.  But FWIW, being in a job for 12 years also feels like a long, long time...  Cartoon Network must have done a deal with Netflix, so now there's JLA, JLU, Batman Beyond, Brave and the Bold.  I have months of teenage television in front of me...  Still not feeling very informed on the Pittsburgh Mayoral election.  Might have to crack a local paper...  Carnival came and went.  They got one really nice day and one really pissy day.  My students basically missed the whole thing working on projects... 

No comments: