Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers Day 2014

Marisa said to take notes so I would remember my first fathers day.


Leo and Marisa let me sleep in.  I always sleep in.  Then Marisa went to the store and Leo and I watched #nerdland - or more like I watched and Leo watched me.  We went for a late brunch to Tender in Lawerenceville.  They were doing only their second brunch (the first was mothers day).  We wound up a little segregated because the place isn't so much stroller friendly.  So we were in the back room with one other couple and their stroller.  I had a very nice rum cocktail and then some excellent fried chicken.  Marisa had a special brunch cocktail: the Marcia, Jan, & Cindy and then some excellent salmon (maple cured with pickled beets).  The waiter was nice enough to shoot our first fathers day photo above.

Leo had nothing but behaved very well anyway.  We were joking that he should have a cocktail, something with milk... and vodka - maybe a white russian... oh oh oh: breast milk and vodka = babushka!  Yeah, Leo had nothing.

When we got home I got great cards from Marisa and Leo.  Leo and I got matching Cubs hats and tickets to a Bucs/Cubs game in September - in the all you can eat section!  So even though the holiday was today we will get to celebrate again in September (and Leo has that long to grow into his hat).

Couldn't help but think about my dad some today.  Still miss him much.


I hope I do at least as good a job as he did!

No comments: