Friday, July 23, 2021

Ellipses...

I've been putting things on my calendar for September.  We're only halfway through precollege, but it is seriously time to be thinking about the fall...  The Olympic Opening Ceremonies are tonight - well on TV tonight, they were actually this morning.  I caught a snip of some real cool drones...  I should have made myself the instructor for Applying to College.  As it turns out I wind up sitting through every session.  Might as well have gotten some dollar bills...  Ripl3y has decided she is a fan of Blue Slide Park.  We live like right around the corner from the new Wightman park, but when I say "do you want to go to the park?" she says "Blue Slide Park!"  So we go to Blue Slide...  If I were making book on the return to school this fall I think I would judge there to be a 30% chance it isn't going to happen the way people are currently planning.  I hope it lands on the 70% side...  At some point I am going to have to move back into my office.  I was there the other day and suddenly realized how much stuff I had brought home.  It is functional, but there's a lot of stuff I need in my basement...  Fetterman emails and asks for money like every day.  It still feels early for that but I guess they know what they're doing...  Now that we struck the patio from the backyard we're going to try to improve the drainage.  That's making an unfortunate trades coordination project for me.  I think I finally got it sussed out today.  This way I can worry about what will go wrong rather than worry about not getting it set up...  I bought a new car, well a 2020 but that's a big step up from the 2009 I've been driving.  In my head I think this is maybe the last gasoline car I'll probably own...  The neighbor's house got hit by a falling tree.  All of a sudden clear cutting all the trees starts to make sense.  It is more than two weeks later and there are still dozens of roofers and gutter guys and tree service trucks in the neighborhood.  Trees are pretty when they aren't falling on your house...

No comments: