Friday, August 20, 2004

Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God

I went back to work today. Between my parents and Marisa's parents and trips to the vet I really hadn't been back in quite some time. Everything looked like there was so much time back at the end of pre-college. Now all of a sudden I'm looking at calendars that have me teaching a week from Monday. I am not ready. Again. I swear at least one year before I am through once and for all with this teaching thing I will get to the first day of class prepared. It has to be possible, it can't have to be such a maelstrom every year. At least I am used to it.

Today I discovered that we may have to come up with a new class for this fall, as in it meets for the first time 10 days from today. The way it looks like it works out I won't be the one teaching it, but still its a lot of prelim work AND I'll have to pick up a new class to relieve Kevin. Its a class we want though: the production analog to Basic Design. Lots of real conceptual stuff about engineering and management. If it weren't for the big rush I think I would be really excited.

Its really no big deal. 10 days from now I will teach my first class of academic 04-05 and it will just go from there, but it does look like a fairly daunting amount of work to do between now and then. Guess we'll see.

No comments: