Thursday, February 15, 2007

Third Time's The Charm

How much ice was there in Pittsburgh today, you ask? Go ahead, ask. I will tell you.

Today there was so much ice in Pittsburgh that I started the day with one ice scraper and finished the day with two.

After buying three.

Do the math, no that doesn't tell the whole story. Today I broke two ice scrapers while removing the clear candy shell from my truck. I broke one this morning before I took Mrs. TANBI to work - after she awoke to find her car frozen shut. Much later in the day I discovered that had I locked mine it would have been frozen shut too. So I went to Target, but they were completely sold out of ice scrapers (perhaps other people were having the same kind of day I was). So I went to Lowes, where there were many men grousing about how they had no salt, and bought a scraper I really wasn't happy with.

Which turns out to be ok, since when I went to pick up Mrs. TANBI I broke that one too.

Now knowing there weren't any to be had at Target and that the one's from Lowes sucked I tried Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I bought two just because of the record I had been establishing. Did you know there is an OXO Good Grips Ice Scraper? I didn't, but I do now. Both the evening purchases made it through scraping the other car when I got home this evening - had to scrape it to swap driveway positions. I am dubious that both of us will make it up the hill in the morning, but the four wheel drive vehicle is the one with the bigger challenge. I'm not sure how much use four wheel drive is on an inclined plane of ice though.

So how much ice? Three scrapers for every boy much (lets see the Beach Boys make an anthem out of that).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My math says you bought three (one from Lowes, two from Bed, Bath & Beyond), but you say you bought two. One of us is doing the math wrong.

David said...

It's me. Have to fix that. So much for my 1st grade math skills.