Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Random Images

It's been a little while since we've had some random images. The semester ended, we had crits, we've been back and forth to New York for a family holiday. Lot's of pictures piling up.

I got through all my grading, adding one more cashed red pen to the collection. I think this is becoming a sort of work of art of its own...


Crits came and went. I can't imagine doing it now like we used to do it before, we'd keel over for sure. This year we had our first video crit content - or at least the most significant video crit content to date. People had had projectors for thesis presentations, and there have been a/v portions of semester reviews before, but this sort of was a milestone. Not sure if it's a thumbs up or down though...


Amidst the semester review hoolpa they snuck in and delivered our laser cutter/engraver. I'm sure Louis hasn't worked 10 minutes since. All things being equal I'm not sure what it's for, but I am sure we'll figure something out...


My dad may have gone a little overboard with the catalogs. Still, we appreciate it...


Here we are shopping for a gift for Easton. Are fireworks not appropriate for 6-9 months? I can never remember...


(this was a MMS to my sister: "Shopping for Easton!")

When we got to NYC we spent the afternoon at MOMA. Get the timed tickets online for the Burton exhibit, there's a line for the line...


Our day in the city wound up with dinner at W D 50. More on that later...


Family holiday with my family and my sister's in-laws at Jessica's common law residence in Briarcliff. Really she should check the squatting regs, she might actually own the place...


In a photo I title "Too Soon" this is the grocery store back in Pittsburgh on the day after Christmas...


I'll give them a tiny little credit though. I cropped out a meager New Years card display.

We had snow and then a thaw. Here's something the Gutter Shutter salesman doesn't tell you about when they give you the hard sell...


"um, you might wind up with large shards of ice from time to time - nothing to worry about."

Turns out there were even more boxes from my dad. I don't know what he was thinking. This is like offering a drink to an alcoholic...

No comments: