Monday, December 07, 2009

Random Photos

I guess one of the few things that continues to fuel the blog is that I now have a decent camera on my phone. Here's some pics that have been accumulating:

Mrs TABNI did a gig a few weeks back where she did some "seasonal" lighting for a mall downtown


They are very careful here in Pittsburgh to not say "Christmas" season, in fact, the shopping kick off is called "sparkle season."


Here's a picture of my Dad and me from Thanksgiving at my in-laws...


We were really happy he was able to make it. He's got a couple of broken ribs and cracked vertebrae from a fall (and I think from being older). The doctors have him in that Darth Vader rig to try to allow the wounds to heal. To talk to him it seems like he'd rather do without it. Should be done with it in like four weeks. Fingers crossed.

After the holiday we went to a Pacers game. I've now seen the Dallas Mavericks live more than any other NBA team. I'm not sure how that happened. Here's a banner in the lobby at Indy:


It's a nice building. Here's a shot of the floor:


The Pacers lost impressively.

When we got back, my Technical Direction III class helped out on a project for the Studio for Creative Inquiry...


The guy with the camera is doing a proof of concept video for an art project he's talking about. I sounds like he wants to suspend someone from the back of a truck. Guess we'll see on down the line. My kids did a great job.

Last Technical Direction I class:


I felt compelled to write that on the board as I anticipated swearing, talking about sex, some poor opinions about collaboration, some questionable business practices and other things generally required from a career in the business. Years ago the teaching center observed me and told me such things might make students uncomfortable. Of course, they would probably also say forcing a student to elect to leave is also stigmatizing. If I were allowed to say "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" I would.

Over the last month I read in several peoples tweets and status updates that they were waiting hours for H1N1 vaccinations.


I waited 9 minutes.

This is my cat Freya:


She was really close to the lens in a fairly dark room. Studies tell us that camera phones were specifically designed for the photographing of cats, so there you go (also, in hindsite this photo may be sideways).

The 09-10 Schemewear came in today:


That's multiple shoe-contest winner Alana finally feeling like part of the "Boys and Naomi Club." She doesn't actually start her Scheme assignment for several months, but I like to include everyone. We did coveralls this year. The vests were feeling kinda done and I think these are cooler. Not sure we'll go again though as sizing becomes a significant issue with this garment. I didn't want them to know what we were getting so I got some help from the costume production people to guess sizes. It came out alright, but could have been better (and I have to do one supplemental order for someone that was taller than we thought). I'll try to get better pics a little later on.

No comments: