Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Ellipses...

The folks that make the app I use for blogging on the tablet have updated it, so I guess I should give it a try... I guess I could temporarily suspend my disparaging of this holiday...  I got the bird carving duties.  I would have given myself a B, but I don't think it dragged the evening down at all...  It's one hour until Target opens for Black Friday.  We talked about going just to see, but I think we'll be more into sleeping at the moment...  This time around I'm hanging pretty exclusively with Mrs. TANBI's family (for whom I am of course very thankful), maybe down the line we can get more folks together...  Once upon a time we'd thought of having the holiday at the new place but it was not to be...  We had the cranberry sauce that isn't in the shape of a can...  Driving from home, at one point we dared to defy the instructions of the GPS.  After we did it, instead of just the one green route line there was green all over the place as if the machine was saying: "so that's how it goes, fine, go wherever the hell you want"... In previous years this meal has included peanut butter mini muffins, but this year they were replaced with pumpkin mini muffins.  I thought these might make a nice base for a stuffing...  Not sure how it happened, but even with three games on TV I barely even watched one...  I hate to admit it but there do appear to be one or two items on the Home Depot black Friday ad.  Thankfully the nearest Home Depot is over an hour away so I won't be going...  I totally cracked up my FIL when I suggested that instead of summer jobs I would recommend #occupy and give extra credit to students that get arrested...  It's not about driving and football and shopping though, it's about family and I am thankful to have family to celebrate with...

1 comment:

Peg said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Mr. and Mrs. TANBI! xo