Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Worth a Look

Here are a few pages from last week's Greenpage that might be worth your time:

Ontroerend Goed: Are you sitting uncomfortably?

The Guardian: Alexander Devriendt was at a standup show with his girlfriend a couple of years ago, when the comedian on stage unexpectedly turned on her, calling her a bitch and telling her to sweep up the stage, since that was all she was good for. She professed not to mind, but Devriendt was infuriated, not least because he couldn't retaliate. "Because it would seem like I wasn't getting the joke. I hated that feeling," he says, still bristling. "I felt so unmanly."
 

Can Julie Taymor Shut Down 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'?

Hollywood Reporter: Julie Taymor's lawsuit against producers of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark might be a much bigger deal than most people realize. The initial media coverage of the suit Tuesday presents Taymor's claims as a dispute over owed royalties -- which is certainly part of what the director is seeking, but not all of it. In fact, as strange as it sounds, Taymor's million dollar claims are obscuring the potentially billion dollar ones.
 

Zandra Rhodes' designs mirror personal style

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: The florescent pink hair gives her away.
Zandra Rhodes' locks are as vibrant as her personality -- and the clothing she designs. "People often ask me if I am dressed up for Halloween, and I tell them that I actually look like this all the time," Rhodes, the internationally renowned fashion designer, says with a smile. "I have had my share of people calling me 'Cyndi Lauper,' too, and I tell them I am old enough to be her mother. Recently, I have been stopped in airports in the U.S., and people have commented that they like my hair. So, maybe, things are changing. I think young people are more receptive to you looking different."
 

CMU Drama's Peter Cooke and Jed Harris talk about MAD FOREST

YouTube: CMU Drama presents MAD FOREST

A New Way to Go Green

USITT Sightlines: In 2008, I was the set designer for a production of Into the Woods. It was produced on our main stage, a 51-foot proscenium. It was a big set, done in a fairly traditional way for that show. A local high school was producing the same play a few months after us. We were able to give them a lot of scenery that we would otherwise have thrown away. It was nice to see so much scenery get used a second time.

No comments: