Saturday, February 11, 2006

Validation


Really, I'm not sure when rigging became my "thing." I was just explaining the other day that its been more about having the (mis?)fortune of working in space after space that hadn't been optimal for stage rigging: Kresge Theatre at CMU, both Apple Tree spaces, the Barber at Northwestern, The Yale Rep, The Marriott Lincolnshire. All theatres where something other than the rigging of scenery had the priority during their conception, and therefore all theatres where you pick up significant rigging experiences. I wonder if every theatre I had worked in would have been the same as the b-flat double purchase house I worked in during high school if I would have learned nearly as much.

So here I am, an ETCP Certified Theatrical Rigger. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

Peg said...

I am so proud of you and all of the hard work you've put into making that certification a reality. You've truly contributed to the good -- and the safety -- of your field. In all sincerity, congratulations.