Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No no no, oh wait, mabe that does make sense - shit.

Ridley Scott compares “Blade Runner” to “little orphan annie” « Darth Mojo: "“The whole concept [of Deckard being a Replicant] evolved really through Gaff’s origami - Gaff wasn’t in the book, he’s an invention to thread through the story so, at the end of the film, he can leave his calling card which fundamentally says, ‘I know something about your inernal thinking that only you know - and there’s only one way I could possibly know that - and that is because I am part of the office that created you.’”

At this point, co-screenwriter Hampton Fancher, who has always staunchly denied that Deckard was anything other than human, shook his head and blurted out, “Ridley’s off, he’s totally wrong!” The audience burst out laughing, after which Fancher continued. “His idea is too complex. I think there is a metaphor in the film that works - for me anyway - and it’s about how we aspire to be something and we fall short of it; we always do. And we’re not sure if we’re being authentic. I don’t feel authentic - maybe Ridley does [Scott enthusiastically nods]."

No comments: