Friday, July 22, 2011

Ellipses...

You know when I said I thought we'd be done with the contractors this week? Not so much... I always used to say my precollege students were the most motivated of all my students... It's hot. Not Iraq hot, or Afghanistan hot... I've been making a list of conventions our faculty should attend but don't. I wonder if I should include Comic-Con? Might be fun... Bought even more AV cables this week. Soon I will be able to play anything on anything. Then they will make video wireless... Still not walking to work. I need to fix that... Monday we will start the build for our second show of the season. No, we haven't started the first show yet... Really, really need to pay bills... If the News of the World had brought down a crime syndicate or a dirty government with these phone hacks, would we be as upset? I probably wouldn't be... More and more often now when people call and ask "Do you have anyone?" the answer is a glass half full/glass half empty "no"... I had the thought today that the alumni associations of all the Pittsburgh colleges should have an "Alumni Olympics" to build the community. Then I remembered that Pitt would kick our ass... Today we got storm doors and bathroom back-splash grout... It's been pretty hard to keep up the writing here. Gonna have to come up with a strategy... A bunch of my students apparently have tumblr feeds, just what I need: more in my RSS... Turns out you can't use the WatchESPN or the CNN live video stream if your video provider is DirectTV. Unfortunate... Too bad about the Women's World Cup. Would have been nice to be the champs again... Today I decided one of the fights wasn't worth fighting anymore. It's a shame when people decide that winning is more important than their own best interest... Tomorrow's Friday Precollege Workshop is "Applying to College." I wonder what I am going to tell them... Rush thinks the "real feel" thing is a government conspiracy. That's what comes from always being in air conditioning... For a minute there it looked like the NFL thing was going to be settled, oh, and the debt ceiling thing too... This house by the way. Ridiculous... We added "Alphas" and "Falling Skies" to the DVR but haven't watched anything. With the summer schedule the way it is, we could record on Monday and be done for the week, except a lot of what I really like isn't on Monday... If you are keeping score I still haven't read that book I've been carrying around. Maybe before work starts... Still no new Google Toolbar for Firefox... I've got a good feeling about Captain America, but we're way behind, Still haven't seen HP, Super8, Horrible Bosses, Cars 2, Bad Teacher, Larry Crowne, Green Lantern, First Class, On Stranger Tides - maybe we'll do a movie a day, two week staycation...

1 comment:

Raising Them Jewish said...

Definitly Include comic-con... I'm there every year and I actually think it would be extremely valuable... or, cool to see people and hang in sunny San Diego... ;-)