Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Ellipses...

The kids wanted to have class outside the other day.  It was 59 degrees and really, really wet.  I declined...  I listened to the State of the Union but I didn't watch.  It is possible I tuned it out some why I was listening...  We need to do waterproofing in our basement.  I'm learning about drains, pumps, and membranes.  Most of this has little professional utility to me...  I don't think we had as much fun watching Uncle Drew as the cast did making it.  Come to think of it, it would probably be a good thing for the industry if that was always the case...  One of the students asked about a particular summer stock today and none of the faculty in our option had ever heard of it.  That's probably not a good sign...  Is it possible that the entire executive branch of the Virginia government will have to resign.  I begin to think it is likely it probably isn't limited to the executive...  It is time to take the car in for service.  I believe we may have reached the milestone where taking it to the dealer is no longer worth it...  Kevin has been out all week.  The corridor has been pretty empty.  I have been reviewing drawings.  I hope he comes back soon...  I still really can't talk about the politics the way I used to.  I'm not sure why...  There was an 80 minute window today when the doctor's office could not call and reach me.  Any other time would have been fine.  It was a foregone conclusion they would call during that window...  MSNBC used to be on quite a bit in our house.  These days though we really only pay attention to the hand-off around 10PM...  Not long ago "Happy Birthday" was still under copyright.  That has me wondering what the clearance would have cost when it was featured in an impromptu live performance during the SOTU live on something like a dozen different television networks... 

No comments: