Friday, April 13, 2007

Photos From My Desk II

Once upon a time I did a post like this that gave me the opportunity to embarrass some other people. I guess this one is the turnabout post.

Today, while preparing a handout for my rigging class I set about looking for a drawing in a particular book. I couldn't find it right off and one thing lead to another and suddenly I was removing every single book from my bookcase. Upon removing one book that must have been unopened since I left my job in Chicago these photos dropped out. And now I share them with you.

If I recall correctly this was a surprise snap for the company newsletter. We all had little cubbies in this office, not so much offices but probably a little more privacy than you generally see from an office cubicle. I love how I would save the little post-it fax stickers for the next time I needed that number. There must be 16 of them there. That stack of files off to the right looks fairly intimidating, I wonder what that was.

I believe these are here because some of the people around the office thought it would be fun to bring in Prom pictures. So here are two pictures from my date Cami's dad's roll.

She'd selected quite the dress. We went to prom, downtown for dinner and a show, then to a friends house to watch movies over night and then to Great America the next day (we changed clothes in there somewhere - actually there was like a dead drop of my tux for my dad so he could return it). We had the big fun.

This next one is a photo someone took when we did a site survey at the Field Museum. I can't remember the woman's name, but she was the manager of the "mount shop" (maybe Katy will recognize her). I have no idea who the guy in the background is.

I kind of like this last picture: David working on something. I'm tricked out in my shop sweatshirt and what could be the geekiest of all possible baseball hats. It's logowear for Partspec, which is a CAD plugin. I got the hat at the National Industry Week convention.

The fax post-its are gone. I wonder if this is before and I hadn't done that yet or after and I'd cleaned them up. A mystery we'll just have to live with I guess.

1 comment:

Peg said...

The difference between Clean Shaven David and Facial Hair David has always been striking. I love these photos.