Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Verizon DSL Still Comcastic!

So I had another day of non-connectivity at home, and therefore another post stifled :-(

Last night's post would have been about the Chicago Bulls, wondering if they are for real and waxing on about how I don't know any of the players names. Maybe later.

I did manage to get the DSL to connect for a couple of minutes. I had this thought that if the static was the problem and that there were noise floor and signal to noise ratio issues that I might be able to solve them by using the dial tone. The thought being that if I picked up the phone and the dial tone kicked in that the static would be comparitively insignificant to the normal sound on the line and then maybe the DSL would connect. It worked, I can't tell you if it worked for the reason I tried it, but it did connect, slowly.

Hopefully it will be fixed Thursday.

No comments: