Monday, May 21, 2007

Ellipses...

Commencement today, bittersweet as always, and eventually the rain ended. For the record this year I did not robe... I am not now, nor have I ever really been, a fan of Michael Moore, but it sounds like he really hit the nail on the head this time... If there really is this liberal media the righties keep droning on and on and on about, why on Earth are they so opposed to the reintroduction of the fairness doctrine? Wouldn't equal time be bad for the liberal media? Sometimes even with a healthy stretch I can't seem to connect the dots... I've thought about it pretty hard and I think I may disqualify Jillian's shoes from the shoe contest. I shouldn't have let them in from the start. They are the footwear equivalent of stunt casting. I am looking for something that makes you say "Wow! Look at those shoes." not "ooooooooh its so cute"... I start CNCing trees tomorrow. The test tree went very well. Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures for the site... Plaxo says my address book is 41% up to date. It's amazing to me that I can't seem to get it to be much more than 50% ever. Tomorrow I guess I should start looking at the bounces... We're going to Hawaii! I am now accepting recommendations for Maui excursions. Damn zip line is sold out for three months. Last time I didn't SCUBA, maybe this time... Gas is so expensive now I think I wouldn't even want to drive a hybrid. Where is that beaming technology when you need it? Hopefully this will really kick start the innovation. Unless of course all the engineers can't afford to drive to work... If AJ had succeeded I think it really would have been too much... We hooked up the laptop to the new TV the other night to watch LOST on the internet. I believe I have seen the end of television as we know it... Which would you write first: Technical Direction for Theatre, Rigging Scenery, Production Planning, or Technical Drawing for Scenery? I am losing the impulse to try to write four books concurrently... I was watching "Office Space" and they were talking about the question "If you had enough money so that you wouldn't have to work, what would you do?" I think I would make furniture. But maybe I would do what I am doing and just not worry about making enough money... I really do like my new shoes... Ro Laren has become incarcerated. Apparently she needs to be a cat in a one cat house, or to be an outside cat. Anyone want a cat? Figuring out the alternative is unpleasant... Both of my offices are a mess, very sad...

3 comments:

Katy said...

Maui ideas: Black sand beach/drive to Hana, Haleakala sunrise bike ride, surfing lessons (even I managed to get up long enough for a photo), eat pineapple from roadside stands, seedless Maui oranges from the farmers market, go to the drag queen shoe store in Lahaina (it looks normal from the outside, until you look at the counter-area displays), the beaches on the ritzy southern edge of the island are beautiful and totally different from the ones in Kaanapali... let me know if you need more ideas.

David said...

We will probably do Hana again. We had lunch at the black sand beach last time. I'm hoping to get a little further into the "goddess pools" this time.

We've heard lousy things about the bike - was it good?

We're actually staying at a condo in that southern area. Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

hey, you kids coming out for leagues? when is it? jesse and i need friends there....

steph dan