Thursday, April 16, 2009

As Long As the House Doesn't Burn Down

So, as long as taking the old wiring away and doing exactly what was there again is a reasonable procedure, I may have made a staggering improvement to our kitchen in only a couple of hours.

Out with the old...


... and in with the new:


This is part of Mrs. TANBI and my holiday presents to each other. It got a little derailed by family events and we're only now catching up.

The project isn't that complicated. My only real difficulty was getting the tools on the work where they needed to go. It's hard to tuck a saw in close to the wall, and even harder getting my frame under the thing when its in place to do the wiring. I did remember to switch of the breaker, so I didn't jolt myself; but as a natural paranoid I think I will be wondering if my kitchen is on fire for a little while before I allow myself to be confident about the electrical connection.

Anyway, it's not like its an induction top or anything, just b-flat radiant glass, but still - 1000% better than before.

Now, there's an even larger box still unopened. I think I will take a shot at that this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.