Thursday, January 06, 2011

Ellipses...

I've reclaimed the greenpage, at least for a little while... I'd like to say I can't believe the House is wasting their time with a repeal vote they know won't pass, would be vetoed if it did, and couldn't be overridden if it was, but I'm not... Long article on TCG about the terrible awful really bad state of MFA Theatre Design programs, I don't so much agree but can't figure out the proper place to respond - or if... Too bad for Casey on Top Chef, I didn't think she deserved it... I'm not making the progress I would have hoped for on my list; scratch that, I knew better than to hope... Sometimes it just seems like I really can't stand anyone. I think I am beginning to understand the concept around the need for a sabbatical... Got a "maybe" feedback on the Chicago house today. Here's hoping... Tried today to identify what the intellectual property concerns are for PTM type people. Failed a little... Twitter is not a chat program. Sometimes people forget. I think that's the textual equivalent of having a shouting phone conversation in public, except that the other person is there too... One of our school's biggest benefactors passed away. Not sure what that will mean... It snowed a little bit here today and people actually didn't lose their shit. Well done Yinzers... Speaking of Yinzers, research now shows that use of our particular dialect is on the decline, has become fairly class related, and a little bit is supposedly hip... We still have a cat to give away if anyone is in the market... In the old house my desk consisted of three surfaces, in the apartment I have dropped down to two and can now say without reservation that I need three, maybe four... It's really a shame The West Wing isn't on TV anyplace... I'm going to be a lot busier this semester than last, I hope I'm up for it... I have a good idea for the next First Night, I wonder if I'll be able to sell it... That woman from Comcast was supposed to call me back and didn't. Might be time for an EECB... Close on the new house in four days. Surreal...

2 comments:

Ryan Hewlett said...

Technical designs concepts can be intellectual property. I’m working on a moving wagon drive unit we had to license out of Sweden.

David said...

I was figuring there might be engineering issues for TDs, like on a less grand scale where someone fires you mid project but uses your drawings - but even those might be work for hire. Hard to tell.

In your example I don't see what would keep someone from copying your work without you unless you have a patent (or they can't figure out what you did, but that's not IP that's just being awesome)