Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fall 2011 Semester Reviews (Day One)

Day one of Fall Semester Reviews was a "Grad Day".  Overall it went really well with good work and decent crits from all.  No tears, although I think one of the students almost lost it.  My single biggest observation?  Many of the students were wearing black against a black background.  It made them look like they were floating.

First up, Grad 3 PM/SM Devorah...


 

Next is Grad 3 PM/SM Calvin...

 

Than we have Grad2 TD Dale...

 

...Dale had a crit that really pout things into perspective.

Next up, Grad3 TD Tom...

 

That finshed up the morning session.  It was a three session day.

This blur is Grad3 PM/SM Brian...


... I'll have to see if I can find a better picture online.  Brian will get his own post at the end of crits for a three year retrospective.  He's made a point of doing excellent crit boards.

Speaking of finding a picture online.  Jake apparently got away without my shooting a photo, so I'll have to use the shot I got with my iPad while live tweeting.  If you want to follow tomorrow, the hashtag in #ptmcrits.

So this is Grad2TD Jake...


Next is Grad1 PM/SM Jamila...

 

And then Grad1 TD Luke...


Next is Grad2 TD Matt...


That rounds out the mid-day session.  After that, faculty ran off to the President's Holiday Party.  I got stuck at the Tartan Pavilion waiting for the rain to stop.

The evening session kicks off with Grad1 PM/SM Cat...



And then Grad1 PM/SM Jess...


Next is Grad2 PM/SM Taylor...


... one day after class this semester, Taylor came by my office to say "what we did in class today was exactly what I needed."  That doesn't happen often.

Rounding out day one was Grad1 TD Wyatt...


The end of a very long day.  At least at the end of the day we have the knowledge that the other days will all be shorter.

No comments: