Friday, November 18, 2005

Ellipses...

Someone should write something... Tomorrow, The NewsBeat will have more total posts than this page... I missed West Wing and Lost this week - anyone know what happened?.. Just how much extra does Comcast charge for a DVR?.. Seems like everyone decided independently that the more expensive option was in point of fact cheaper... I still don't know what an enemy combatant is - or a detainee for that matter... I am wondering if the top two AFI all time movie quotes say anything about us as a society... At the moment I have no plans to go to the movies Friday, I guess Diane is busy this time around... I was late for class today, I guess I will have to dock my participation grade... We went to the new restaurant at the Waterfront, it was good and not too too expensive (although being on Uncle Andy the scale is a little different... It snowed this morning, I could tell without having seen the snow because people were driving as if they were afraid of hitting some... It is registration week for spring semester, time to assimilate some more drones for the crazy scheme... I guess I ought to be thinking about holiday gifts... Cannot decide if the house feels like it is below its kitten quota... If we are actually disappearing people just about everyone should resign... With one forwarded web page I appear to have cashed a colleague's entire weekend... Today I had two good meetings in one day... If I forget, can someone please remind me to send my thesis to Jim Moody, he's been waiting a while... If someone posts a job search that will be open for almost an entire month, how likely is it that the job is really available at all?.. My "todo" box is up to 54 messages again... I don't think I waste time with email, but opinions vary... And suddenly there was voicemail, who knew?.. I don't want it to be winter... There are a lot of friends I miss a whole lot... Thanks to the people that sent cards after the other day... AIM dropped to automated buddies on my list, its nice to have more friends... I'm digging the PLAXO birthday notification thingy... I think I can see the end of the curricular review tunnel... I need to hook John up with Grisha... My blogging has slowed down some, I wonder if anybody has noticed... My mother does not like to find out news from the blog... Audiences appear to be liking my sister's show... Someday I think I would like to drive the yellow belt... The other day my missus lit the Baby Jesus, that time of year... OK, I give in, you can start your Christmas ads...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The West Wing" was not on this past Sunday. They ran "Saturday Night Live in the 80's" in its place. It should be back next week.

"Lost" was new. It showed day-by-day clips of what happened to the tail-section survivors from the moment they crash-landed to the point where Ana Lucia shot Shannon in the belly. Cleared up a few things-- namely that the plane crash was not staged (a theory my brother has had for a while). The beginning of the episode fades in on a beach scene just as the tail section of the plane comes hurtling down out of the sky into the water a few hundred yards off shore. The "Others" immediately set about snatching people each night. They get two the first night (they tried for three but one of them, the big Nigerian guy, Mr. Ecko, fights back and kills two of them with a rock) and nine the next night. After the second attack, Ana Lucia finds a list on the body of the one Other she managed to kill before she could escape. It's a list of the names and descriptions of the nine people who were snatched.

Like the first group of survivors, they eventually realize they have been infiltrated-- one of the survivors in the group wasn't actually on the plane-- and Ana Lucia kills the spy but not before asking him why they are being snatched. He replies "because they are good people".

Anonymous said...

I've noticed that your blogging has slowed down - I read it every day!

And I've driven large chunks of the yellow belt - it's not terribly thrilling. The orange belt is way better - Upper St. Clair, Sewickley Heights and North Versailles, all in the same trip! Woo hoo! =)

Anonymous said...

I've noticed your blogging has slowed... =( and i see your sister on TV every day! first time i saw the comercial, i did a double take, and then ran to the computer to check out the cast. So, congrats to her.

Katy said...

I third the notice of the slowed blogging, but so has mine, so I can't really complain. I got a spinning wheel and have Christmas gift knitting to complete, what's your excuse?