Friday, March 03, 2006

And Now For the Down Side

I have to say, with the things that are available on the list that if I come through with aloof and cynical I think I did fairly well.

After doing both the johari and the nohari surveys I thought a couple of things were interesting. I thought that it was interesting that the groups of respondents were not the same. I thought that more of the johari respondents were identifiable to me. I wonder who Brooke is. It is interesting to watch the answers from known respondents based upon when they know me, although most of the people were recent, there are some distinct bands with that group, and even more distinct differences based upon people who go farther back. It's also interesting to see which people I am aware of reading the page elected not to participate.

Oh well, without further delay, here's the bad news (you can always scroll down for good news if you like):


Arena

(known to self and others)

glum, insecure, lethargic, cynical

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

intolerant, inflexible, aloof, simple, withdrawn, hostile, selfish, unhappy, needy, cruel, ignorant, distant, childish, boastful, chaotic, loud, insensitive, self-satisfied, smug, overdramatic, predictable, callous, cold

Façade

(known only to self)

passive

Unknown

(known to nobody)

incompetent, timid, cowardly, violent, stupid, irresponsible, vulgar, unhelpful, unimaginative, inane, brash, irrational, blasé, imperceptive, impatient, weak, embarrassed, vacuous, panicky, unethical, rash, dispassionate, dull, inattentive, unreliable, foolish, humourless

Dominant Traits

54% of people think that dboevers is aloof
54% of people agree that dboevers is cynical

All Percentages

incompetent (0%) intolerant (9%) inflexible (18%) timid (0%) cowardly (0%) violent (0%) aloof (54%) glum (18%) stupid (0%) simple (18%) insecure (27%) irresponsible (0%) vulgar (0%) lethargic (9%) withdrawn (45%) hostile (9%) selfish (9%) unhappy (9%) unhelpful (0%) cynical (54%) needy (18%) unimaginative (0%) inane (0%) brash (0%) cruel (9%) ignorant (18%) irrational (0%) distant (45%) childish (9%) boastful (9%) blasé (0%) imperceptive (0%) chaotic (9%) impatient (0%) weak (0%) embarrassed (0%) loud (9%) vacuous (0%) panicky (0%) unethical (0%) insensitive (9%) self-satisfied (9%) passive (0%) smug (18%) rash (0%) dispassionate (0%) overdramatic (9%) dull (0%) predictable (27%) callous (27%) inattentive (0%) unreliable (0%) cold (18%) foolish (0%) humourless (0%)

Created by the Nohari Window on 3.3.2006, using data from 11 respondents.
You can make your own Nohari Window, or view dboevers's full data.

1 comment:

Peg said...

DB I think this was a pretty brave thing to do -- invite criticism in such a personal fashion. I think your data is skewed by people who clearly don't know you at all. How else do you explain some of the really head-scratching choices ("cold," "callous," and my favorite, "cruel")? These are supposed to be overall impressions, right? Not as a result of some one-time perceived slight maybe?

I didn't participate in this one, but I found it interesting to say the least.