Saturday, March 04, 2006

I Am Afraid of This Administration

The other day, when I was writing the UAE port management post, I censored myself. If you look in the margin it says I didn't write something because I was afraid of THE MAN. I was going to speculate something I had no proof of and hadn't see elsewhere in the media. It just seemed likely and made an interesting slant on what was a fairly mundane rant.

But I thought better of it, or rather I second guessed myself. What with the way things are going I really did think that I would write something unsubstantiated and all of a sudden my parents Medicare would get cocked up, or I would get the mother of all IRS audits, or CMU would lose some lucrative government contract. It seems like when someone is critical of this administration they do what they can to make things miserable for them. Sometimes it seems that to the puppetmasters the reprisal is more important than their own agenda.

Its scary, and its real, and I am afraid, even with my tiny little blog corner of the world that really I think less than 100 people in the world are even aware of.

All in all I think its fairly sad. What's the "V for Vengeance" trailer say? "People should not be afraid of their government, government should be afraid of the people." Maybe we ought to be thinking about that.

So here is what I was going to say the other day:

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the UAE is a part owner in The Carlyle Group. That this port buy would be of very real financial benefit to many of the people currently running our government and setting policy.
I guess in hindsite there's nothing there that would cause my life to fall apart. But you never can tell, can you?

Today from boingboing:
The oil-rich United Arab Emirates is a major investor in The Carlyle Group, the private equity investment group where the President's father once served as senior advisor, and is a who's who of former high level government officials... Just last year, Dubai International Capital, a government buyout firm, invested in an 8 billion dollar Carlyle fund.
So much for my intuition scoop.

These guys are slimy. If it takes the next 50 years we should dedicate ourselves to unraveling the lies and half truths to find out just why it has been necessary for so many people to die, for economies to be tampered with, and governments manipulated all to enrich and empower this shadow elite. (real aggresive accusation deleted - see, shit, I did it again.)

1 comment:

Peg said...

I take it back my "I'm glad." It's the writing-about-the-place-of-one's-employ that I'm wary of. Good for you for writing this post. I'm not surprised to hear of a Carlyle / UAE connection either.