Monday, January 15, 2007

A Great Disturbance

Mrs. Tanbi and I went to the movies tonight. A premiere! We went to the Waterfront to see "A Great Disturbance." Its a sort of "mockumentary" following four Star Wars fans around a convention.

It was kind weird. I saw the thing on this events mailing list I am on. I got my tickets by emailing one of the film makers. While we were sitting there we felt like we were the only people in the theatre that weren't in one way or the other involved with the movie.

That's the cast and creative team. They talked a little before the film. They'd also done their own little powerpoint reel of preshow stuff with film facts. The even had a movie jumble, it was "3O-PC" which got a few giggles.

They were giving away free copies of the DVD to anyone that came in costume. Dearth Maul was guarding the door...

Yoda arrived late in black tie...

I saw a couple of off-duty stormtroopers checking their tickets...

or maybe they were looking for droids.

Joe, I'm really sorry I didn't think to mention this to you.

Anyway, big fun. How often do you get to go to a film premiere in Pittsburgh? Plus, we were out and everything.

No comments: