Sunday, January 21, 2007

We're Not Here To Cause No Trouble...

... We're just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!

Again.

I really can't wrap my head around the idea that the last time was over 20 years ago. Seems like it wasn't so long ago. The band was unloading citrus, I was taking Achievements, the Chorus was at Disney World, and the Bears were in the Super Bowl.

While I am happy that the Bears will be playing the Colts as it allows for some nice family wagering (the inlaws are from IN), part of me thinks we would have had a better sports story had the Patriots been the opponent. Seeing as how last time the Bears went to the Superbowl it was against the Pats - and how they'd really embarrassed them (really the old helmets were embarrassment enough). So if it had been the Pats we could have had a whole "Superbowl Revenge" storyline.

So I guess this year I will watch the game all the way through. It is a surprise. The Steelers' season wasn't one to foster thoughts of a championship, and the Bears did have a little bit of a late season swoon. Nice to know they were able to put it together in the end.

Alright - have to go start the guacamole; looks like we'll be having a party.

No comments: