Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random Photos

So it's been quite some time since I did one of these. I guess I'll split it into a few posts.

Here we are in the basement of Margaret Morrison for a lecture from Len Auerbach on Theatre Architecture.


I have to admit for me it was a real flashback to my second freshman year and "Drama & Ideas" with Scott Cummings. The content was very different though.

Little over two weeks ago this is what the view out my garage door was.


Needless to say we weren't using it as an exit at the time. All melted now.

Every now and then I wonder about what seems the inevitable drive toward more video in theatre productions. Then I see something like this and think everything is going to be just fine.


That's a shot from the opening of our last mainstage production: The Government Inspector.

Here we are all gathered for our season announcement for next year.


I tweeted the event live. I'm not sure my followers cared.

This is what we saw the very first time we tried to use our brand spanking new automation system on an actual production. If you've ever gotten the BSD at home or in your office you don't really know what it feels like until you get one in a time critical environment.


It cleared with a reboot thankfully. I still think the stuff is the bee's knees.

1 comment:

Bri said...

How about the BSOD in a time critical environment while you are trying to troubleshoot the problem with the automation operator and the shop on the phone, while simultaneously discussing with the Stage managers and company manager the possibility of and the mechanics of running the show without fly automation for 1300 people who have paid a lot of money to see a Broadway show? That's some good times there!

http://bmunroe.smugmug.com/Theater/Lifts/10330716_G5aKH#822947068_Q78cX