Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keepin On Keepin On

More of the same. It was really sticky out today. I tried to stay in the house. I forgot to say that yesterday amongst the other things I did I also watered the lawn. With the one sprinkler it took quite a while. I guess I am going to have to find someone to try to look after the yard and the gardens.

Also late last night I did a couple of emails. I started working on help with the car, and I kept after someone I am trying to get to help with dad's teaching materials.

Today my cousin Susan came over with lunch and then hung with me for the whole afternoon helping out. That was fantastic. Thanks Susan.

Here's today's lineup:

  1. Playdate with Dad's caretaker. She helped unload a bunch of odds and ends.
  2. Worked on my cloodgy blind repair. I don't like it.
  3. Kept after the trash people to make sure the "special" pickup got done.
  4. Moved all the clothes from the basement to the garage.
  5. Moved all the clothes from the bedroom to the garage.
  6. Sorted the clothes for donation.
  7. Finally located, pulled, and assembled the rest of the dining room table.
  8. Started the "out" for the room my dad was using as an office and a bedroom.
  9. Kept the process moving on the study materials.
I think maybe I'm 40% through that last bit. As the stuff gets smaller and smaller it gets more and more detailed and so takes longer and longer. After a while it's hard not to bog down.

The garage looks a little clearer than it did with all the stuff that left over the last two days, but it still has a lot of "to sort" items in it, and the Family Room... wow.

One of the things that's been bothering me is some of the art around the house. I really don't know what to do with 30 glass apples or a cabinet full of figurines. A family friend stopped by to say hello tonight and recommended I talk to an estate liquidator.

So now I have to find out about estate liquidators.

Should I be worried the GC didn;t call back today like he said he would? Let's just decide no.

What's a decent price for a small leather chair with footstool? (add that to the list of things I didn;t care about a week ago.)

No comments: