Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday's Progress

I guess today wasn't as productive as I'd hoped it would be. On the other hand somethings actually left the house today and that hadn't happened yesterday, so that gives today a leg up.

Today we did:

  1. Another email to the attorney. This still feels like it is creeping along, but except for my angst there doesn't seem to be a reason for it to do something other than creep.
  2. I bought some supplies: contractor bags, a few more file boxes, some stupid crap to make a repair my dad did a little less cloodgy.
  3. I put out the stuff from last weeks clean out out for the trash guys.
  4. I did a sweep of the garage for obvious trash and put it out with the other trash since I was already getting a "special pickup."
  5. Set up the TV in my folk's room so I can watch Mad Men this weekend on the big screen.
  6. Met with the contractor and doled out my to do list. If he sticks to what he told me today his price and his calendar are both good for me. Fingers crossed.
  7. I made a playdate with my cousin for tomorrow. She's going to bring lunch and boxes. I think I need boxes and I'm not thinking I should pay for them. If you have boxes and can hook me up, let me know.
  8. I had today's playdate. A family friend carted off a bunch of stuff for herself, her kids, and her church. It was nice to have the space.
  9. I made another playdate for tomorrow with my dad's former caretaker. Hopefully she'll cart of a good chunk too.
  10. I called the HP Library to see if they would take a book donation, they will.
  11. I called and then emailed the HP Historical Society to see if they would maybe take some of the Eileen/Apple Tree artifacts.
  12. I looked up a few charitable donation places online to see about pickups.
  13. I started the de-cloodging of the curtain in my sister's room. Looks better - anything would look better than a couple of c-clamps. But it still needs work.
Some of yesterday's angst has dissipated. I think I might be back to a world that has me back home for a wile not too far in the future, although I think there will still be another trip before things are wrapped up.

Also, while moving the trash I put a nice gash in the palm of my left hand. Does anyone know if you can get tetanus from Plexiglass?

3 comments:

Katy said...

Only if the plexiglass is rusty. And getting a tetanus booster after the injury doesn't do anything except protect you from tetanus at your next injury. Its better to just stay up to date on your shots.

Peg said...

I love lists and reading other people's lists. I am glad you are starting a list, and also that you are listing each day's accomplishments. You are allowing the rest of us to bear witness, even if we can't be there.

While they may be necessary to-dos at a very practical level, all of these things you are doing are also acts of love, and I was doing OK reading along until I got to the part yesterday where you said you tied up the tomatoes. Being overly attached to my own garden, I especially appreciated that.

Please continue to keep us posted and good luck with those lists.

Walt said...

Get on the local Freecycle to look for boxes. You should have been on there anyway if you're trying to give stuff away.