Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stick a Fork in Me

I think I'm done. Which isn't to say that the work is done, but more so just to indicate that I am just flat out of gas. I tried to take today off, but I failed. I shouldn't have even slowed down as I feel it'll be that much harder to get up to speed.

To did:

  1. emailed the realtor to try to set up a meeting tomorrow
  2. emailed the GC to try to set up a meeting for Thursday
  3. Ran some papers by the investment broker
  4. met with the second estate person
  5. phoned the lawn service and left a message
  6. ran a load of books to the library
  7. took some things to shred to Office Depot
  8. phoned the attorney - I think we set a meeting for tomorrow
  9. phoned a real estate appraiser and set an appointment for Friday
I also did the taxi thing to the airport in the morning and watered the gardens.

The meeting with the estate person was interesting. She told me to stop donating things. A little bit I think this was a conversation that would have better been had two weeks ago. But also as much as I think that I also think we still would have had to have done most of the work we have just to have gotten out from under everything. So we learn that there are several flavors of estate people and they all do different things... and it's probably worth about a dozen calls fairly early on.

As time is elapsing to the next haitus I actually feel like I can see a list, although its a fairly sucky list:

Wednesday - Bedroom
Thursday - Garage
Friday - Contractor prep

I wouldn't give that plan a very high grade in my class, but it's what I've got.

No comments: