Thursday, July 29, 2010

Small Victories

Well I am going to make it.

Another day of fits and starts with the last room. I can't believe how small he'd managed to make that space. All cleared out its a really nice room, he'd turned it into a cave. It took maybe four days of work, but it's clear.


My other job for today failed fairly impressively. I bought some sensor bases for the exterior lights in a few places so they'd come on at night. When I went to install them today I discovered that the lamp sockets were in each case so deep that the sensor was covered - so it's always dark and the lamps are always on. It's not a complete disaster though. While I was doing one of the fixtures I noticed that it already was a sensor device. It looked like a motion sensor, but turned out to be a photo sensor. So I've got at least one night time lamp. I think I am going to add a switch based timer to the GC's list.

Tomorrow is set aside for contractor prep. I've been chipping away at that for a few days now and figure that will only turn out to be an hour or so - especially since I'll have help from my cousin. So seeing that I might have a little extra time I may try to power through the last 10 feet of garage storage, or maybe finish off the basement, or both.

I cannot express how much I need a break from this work. Two weeks is long enough.

To did:

  1. Met with the realtor to review the work list
  2. Called the respiratory clinic to try to find out where to dispose of some gear - they didn't have an answer for me
  3. Ran by the cardiologist to drop off a telemetry device
  4. Stopped at the nursery to try to find some replacement hedges - not sure if I found something or not
  5. Did the exterior lighting exercise
  6. Cleared away some bedroom contents
  7. Took down some shelves
  8. Boxed up the last of the files
  9. Cleared away more room contents - this was the last of the clothes, ties, I took a few
  10. Cleaned up and staged the room
  11. Did the sorting thing to the last boxes in the garage, from the downstairs shop and the bedroom
  12. Cleaned up the trash out back - the raccoons here are a different breed
  13. Loaded up the truck for a Goodwill trip
  14. Cleaned up and consolidated the garage - now have room for the car
  15. Did the Goodwill trip
and then upon my return cheered at the fact that the outside garage lights came on with the sensor.

There's quite a bit left to do before we can list the house or button up affairs, but I think I'm in good shape for the moment.

No comments: