Monday, March 21, 2011

Momentum

I had thought I was going to get a bump from the LoudTwitter folks, but it seems like no. Here's some pictures:


This is installation of "The Alice Project." A developmental piece currently in the middle of week one of three of technical rehearsals. It is very tall. I'm not sure what I think about the aesthetic, but it appears to be doing it's job. Interesting note: it is cheaper to build three level towers from scratch than it is to rent scaffolding for 8 weeks (if you don't count all of the labor).


This is a terminal to terminal tunnel in Detroit. I saw it because now to fly from Pittsburgh to NYC you have to go through Detroit (or Cleveland, or Washington, or Philly, or even Chicago). I used to love that Pittsburgh was a US Air hub. That airline sure done this city wrong. Anyway the Delta terminal in Detroit is kinda nice.


My desk. Top of spring break. I do let the work pile up. Sometimes prospective students come to visit and I really hope they are getting "absentminded professor" rather than "lazy slob."


Moving day in Chicago. More like "home abandonment day." I have a whole series of photos I took as we were leaving just in case there was a problem with the closing and then I had Mrs. TANBI take a bunch for memory. They are WAY depressing.


The other day someone set Pittsburgh on "rinse." There was so much fog the top of the Cathedral of Learning was obscured from campus. Although wet, it was also kind of neat.

No comments: