Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Boom! It's a Deck

Like a watched pot it seems like all the guys needed to motivate them to finish our deck was for me to stop posting about it on the blog.  Poof:


It was raining this afternoon or I would have taken more photos.  I haven't done a final walk around either, but seeing as how at the end of the day yesterday I had MANY craftsmanship complaints today I appear to be much more satisfied.

So it is huge, and it is high up in front - almost like having a balcony.  It really changes the look of the house from the street.  I think it changes it for the better; a real estate agent might use the word "specific."

We're going to have to rethink the lighting on the front of the house now.  The prior owners left us with this industrial security lamp that lights up the porch, the driveway, and some of the street with a distinct orange/yellow glow.  So that's gotta go.  We're also going to be in the market for some deck furniture I think, although I am having trouble wrapping my head around leaving things out in the front of the house.

I'll have to get over that probably.

No comments: