Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Ellipses...

I joined a whole bunch of new groups on Facebook.  Remember when Facebook was for keeping in touch with friends?  I guess it isn't so much for that anymore...  Whoever first said "its all downhill from here" probably lived in Squirrel Hill.  The second half of these evening bike rides are requiring a lot more PAS than the first half...  I tried to watch some of the Attorney General appearing before Congress today but I had to turn it off.  Listening to Jerry Nadler admonish committee members about wearing their masks just didn't convey the high level discourse I was anticipating...  I am out of hot ramen.  I ordered more...  Gib5on did a mini-Snapology at Camp Corona today, just using his one bin of Legos.  I told him that maybe before the end of camp they could do a Snapology day using all of the Lego.  That will require rearranging the house.  I'm not sure they will appreciate it enough to make it worth it...  I emailed a used bookstore in town about buying some of our departing stock.  I don't have a lot of confidence it will yield much in the way of revenue, but maybe it will help move the process along...  The COVID snag that MLB found itself in today has me really thinking about in person teaching next month.  I'm slated to be in the room for TD1 and TD3.  Thinking about content I am not sure it is necessary.  "Necessary" is not the index they asked us to use in making the decision.  Maybe it should be...  We're losing the dental students that have been cutting our grass for two years.  They finished school and are becoming dentists.  Doesn't seem fair to hold that against them, but I'm not sure we're going to find a replacement that will meet their price...  If I keep up the bike riding I am going to need a different seat.  I believe I am heavier than the person they think is riding the bike...  Basketball starts up again on Thursday.  I like Basketball, but I don't know if I have the bandwidth these days...  Speaking of sports, how is it they get hundreds and hundreds of fast response COVID tests while people who don't get paid to dunk are still being triaged in order to get a test at all and those tests take way too long for results?  Might be time to light up your Congressfolks...  Converting my existing lecture notes into PowerPoint decks isn't too steep a hill.  I don't think I could have a Grad Assistant do it though.  Just enough judgement involved to mean editing would be harder than composing.  Might make sense to have someone look for or generate better visuals though... 

No comments: