Tuesday, November 09, 2004

42 Pages

It's out of control. I've completed pasting in all of the existing digital content and the book outline is now 42 pages long. The next bit will be to formalize and type up the content that is currently longhand or cerebral. I think that's a list of about a dozen, so it looks like the outline will be just north of 50 pages long.

It should slow down significantly now. Most of what I have been doing so far has been data entry. I've been doing a little bit of editing, but mostly it has been cut & paste and just some formatting. Now the real work begins.

I wonder if a 50 page sentence outline is long enough to produce a 200 page book? Maybe I should start coming up with ideas for charts & graphs. I really can't tell from looking at the thing what the expansion will be. I wonder how long is too long for this kind of book. I've already started putting "dump this?" next to some headings. Sure would be a pain to write entire sections only to cut them later. But that's what the process is all about I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just think- if you write whole sections that you cut out later, you can just save them for the second addition.