Sunday, November 07, 2004

New Levels of White Trash

So you tell me, should I be worried?

Today I slept in. Then I got up and went with the woman I live with who is not my wife for breakfast at like noon. After that I came home and sat on the couch to watch the Steelers game, during which I fell asleep. The Steelers game was followed by my going to the store, but that was hindered by my truck breaking down and a conversation with this same woman, driver's window to driver's window in the middle of the street. We then went together to the Pep Boys so I could get the thing I needed to fix my truck. While we were out we bought a gas leaf blower. Upon returning home I fixed my truck in the driveway. Then, roughly and hour after dark I fired up the leaf blower and cleared half of the back yard.

I am concerned.

Not that any of these activities on their own say anything about me, but the totality of the list seems to merit concern. I feel I am in danger of the phrase "the mother of my baby" in my future, or perhaps shopping for a nice property with a trailer home.

I swear, if this had been last Monday, in this frame of mind, I might have found myself pulling the lever next to Bush/Cheney. For a few minutes there I think I really connected to the heartbeat of America.

I take heart in the idea that very few true white trash representatives (members? designates? people?) would then come in and enter their experiences in a blog. So maybe I don't need to be all that concerned afterall.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I second the stats on "the mother of my baby" from Andrea, and you already have a house with property. When the white Mazda dies you could put it up on cinderblocks (like Becca's car) in the backyard that you just cleared with the leaf blower.
Remember, you are in complete control of the level of white trashness in your own life.