Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Two great things

that go great together: Uncle Andy & Eleven !!!

My buddy Mr. Beckman came to town today to talk to the kids about the wonders of exhibit project management. This is his third year running appearing to speak here. I think it might be more interesting for him and for me than for the class this year. See, since he started with us he has been working on the design and fab of the same project. So the first year he brought the design proposal, and then last year he brought the contract documents and the drawings, and this year he brought photos of the finished project. So I have had a real nice, real long view of the design. Pretty cool for me. I think the class appreciated it a little more this year too. So all were happy all around.

If you're interested, here is the exhibit:

http://www.actionexhibit.com/index.html

But actually one of the best parts of bringing in a guest is taking them out to dinner on the company, and this time we did the whole Magilla. Probably the single best restaurant I have been to in Pittsburgh is Eleven. Its currently the crown jewel of the Big Burrito restuarant group - their eleventh as it turns out, and it is awesome.

Tonight I had me two Clear Cosmos, Jumbo Lump Crabcake with braised cabbage and a citrus reduction, Pacific King Salmon with butternut squash & potato hash and herb beurre blanc, and then a hot chocolate coffee cake and mocha shake. It was real hard to leave.

I've been to Eleven three times now and each time was better than the last. Wherever you are you should try to check it out. John's plane was delayed and he nearly missed class, and I sent around an email asking other instructors if I could reschedule "because it would be a real waste for him to come all the way to Pittsburgh just for dinner." Turns out I was wrong. I think he would have been just fine with that.

Thanks so much Uncle Andy.

No comments: