Monday, November 22, 2004

Exhibit Project

Because I promised to send it to Andrea:

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/db4r/ExhibitDesign.pdf

My Production Planning class has just finished the first phase of a two-phase exhibit project. Phase one had company profiles and conceptual designs. Phase two is a complete job bid with fleshed out designs, budgets, schedules, and a pitch to a group of drama faculty.

The exhibit topic is "The Carnegie Mellon Drama Experience." Its a project I've done for a couple of years now. If you follow the link you will find a cobbled together design proposal that includes some work from each of the groups. This is the scope they will then have to go on to finish.

So far, the work this year has been real strong. Now I guess I'll see if they finish as strong as they start.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Did they even have Production Planning when you were a sophomore? I didn't think so. We did Iron Chef my year.

Anonymous said...

way cooler than keeping tabs of every minute of your life for a week...(how does one explain "Night-time Activities" to Larry Fitzkee?)

deano

David said...

So, we're going to have this new course probably which will be "Basic Production" the way Basic Design is to design and I was thinking that a "keep track of everything you do for a week" would be a good introduction to time management.

Am I wrong?

I would have no problem deciphering "late-night activities"