Monday, February 14, 2005

Guest Blogger

In honor of today, St. Valentine's Day, David has allowed me, Marisa, his intended bride, to blog.
As this is obviously a pretty heavy honor, the key here is to pick a topic that will allow me to be both charming and enlightening. But how best to display my agile mind and cunning wit?

Should I write about my general malaise surrounding V-day? Its never the special, incrediably romantic day you want it to because it can never live up to the expectations that are shoved into our heads by greeting card companies that this is the one day of the year to celebrate your relationship, rather than taking each day to celebrate the love in your life? (This is trite and overdone, in a very chick-lit kinda way.)

Or perhaps I should review the tasting menu we just sampled at Casbah? Overall, very good, but not blow-my-mind. Again, a meal that suffered from high expectations on a high expectation day. (What is this Iron Chef? We had a lovely dinner where we had brillant conversation and a cute little steak. What more is there to say?)

Perhaps I will write about my secret desire for David to change the concept of his blog over to a "How I worhsip Marisa" page? Then perhaps I wouldn't mind the countless hours he spends writing and editing his blog. ( I can't admit this because it would take away my biggest complaint-chip "You spend all your time writing in your blog! ")

Maybe I should write a summation of our relationship which is often noticebly absent from this blog, mostly because of my instance that I would not be living my life on the internet. (I guess if its at my instance, than I should just leave it be.)


Or maybe I won't wrote anything at all. Yet another wasted oppertunity to impress the world with my brillance. Oh well.


1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

Great pic, guys. You look so happy, it makes me happy.

Marisa, you should write your own blog. Although we already know how clever and witty you are.