Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Writing Items

Quick! Write 300 test questions about theatrical rigging. 300 multiple choice questions... 300 questions matched specifically to a job audit you did several months ago... 300 questions of a specific cognitive depth level.

Start again.

Quick! White 300 multiple choice questions matched to your job audit from months ago and make sure you get all of the questions of the correct depth of difficulty - oh, and do it with the 15 people you don't know, do it TODAY, and follow these "wise-testing" rules.

Ugh. Can't I just stick a needle in my eye instead?

The "wise testing" stuff is actually cool. I'll post it when I get back to school. Basicly they took some time this morning and taught us how to cheat on multiple choice tests. Then we took a nonesense test and identified the "correct" answers just using wise testing rules. This way, theorhetically, we won't write test items that are vulnerable.

We'll see.

So tomorrow, more of the same. I have to write really in depth questions about really simple rigging concepts: "write two application questions about breasting a lineset." I'm not sure there are two questions about breasting a lineset. Oh well, I'm sure we'll come up with something.

No comments: