Saturday, September 23, 2006

Link of the Day

I've linked to this site a couple of times already. I stumbled it a few weeks ago and have added it to my regular rotation. The last few entries have been particularly interesting. If you follow the link you will find the transcript of a Bill Clinton interview that will run tomorrow on Fox News. Chris Wallace goes after Clinton with some fairly revisionist 9/11 history and Clinton actually takes him to task - not in a defence of his administration, he admits they didn't get Bin Laden and that was a failure, but for the media's free pass for the Bush administration. Wallace does defend his record. The next two Think Progress entries verify his recollection, which needless to say turns out to be in error.

Interesting stuff, and the link of the day: Think Progress

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

> Chris Wallace goes after Clinton
> with some fairly revisionist 9/11
> history and Clinton actually takes
> him to task

In the clip I saw, Wallace merely asked Clinton if he thought he could have done more regarding bin Laden and al-Qa'ida. That's what set Clinton off on his tear. Hardly a revisionist question. I do think Wallace can be faulted for not allowing Clinton to answer the question he asked. Like a lot of journalists these days, Wallace asked a question and then before Clinton even got a complete sentence out, he was already interrupting him.

David said...

this is true, its me parroting I guess. the point was that he was being sleazy, which he was. I think I am giving up on all of them, left right middle, they are all in the shouting business, not the news business.

we need a reformation of news in this country.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I hate the news. The national broadcast and cable news has one set of problems and the local news has a whole different set. It makes me grind my teeth to watch any of it.

By the way, I just got an eVite to the Highland Park 20th reunion. I might be interested in going except that it seems to be scheduled right over the Thanksgiving holiday. I think somebody must have made a mistake because it can't possibly be 20 years since I graduated high school.