Saturday, September 16, 2006

Shopping List

The other day at work I received this list by IM from Mrs. TANBI:

MrsTANBI: hi
MrsTANBI: i need a favor
MrsTANBI: i need some art store supplies
DBoevers: I see
DBoevers: make me a list
DBoevers: in such a way that I won't get it wrong
MrsTANBI: ok
MrsTANBI: (1) .5mm pencil with HB lead
(1) tube of .5mm HB lead
(1) .3mm pencil with 2h lead
(1) 5 yard roll of 36" vellum
(1) chocolate cake
DBoevers: right
So I go to the artstore and I get:

(1) .5mm pencil with HB lead
(1) tube of .5mm HB lead
(1) .3mm pencil with 2h lead
and
(1) 5 yard roll of 36" vellum

and then on the way home I add:

(1) slice Triple Chocolate Cake: Midnight chocolate layers with chocolate icing and chocolate chips
(1) slice 5th Dimension Cake: Two layers of chocolate cake filled with chocolate flavored cheesecake and chocolate icing, then coated with chocolate ganache and served with chocolate sauce.
(1) slice Peanut Butter Melt-Away: Brownie crust topped with layers of chocolate and peanut butter mousse, then finished with chocolate ganache, whipped cream and peanuts
and
(1) slice Chocolate Intemperance: Brownie crust, chocolate and coffee mousse coated with a bitter sweet chocolate ganache and whipped cream dollops

It is possible I over did it some.

Got to love Gullifty's.

Just what is ganache anyway?

I left the vellum in my office. Oops.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Ganache is the magical chocolate coating that you only get on bakery/restaurant cakes.