Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Cooties

Browsers were redirecting to 101links.info - uncool.

Here's how I've spent most of my recent free time...

  • Deleted all temp files and cache.
  • Run AdAware and deleted everything it indicated.
  • Run McAfee Virus and found nothing.
  • Run RougeRemover.
  • Run Registry Booster.
  • Unselected any unusual entries from the "StartUp" tab of MSCONFIG .
  • Deleted anything unusual from the scan results of HijackThis .
  • Uninstalled all Java instances.
  • Uninstalled AdAware.
  • Installed Spybot .
  • Ran Spybot and deleted everything it indicated.
  • Uninstalled all unrecognized apps.
  • Uninstalled McAfee Virus and Firewall.
  • Installed Symantec Anti-Virus.
  • Installed ZoneAlarm.
  • Ran Symantec Anti-Virus and found nothing.
  • Installed Fixwareout.
  • Ran Fixwareout.

Cooties gone. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without inciting the usual arguments...

• Get a Mac.

17 fewer steps. I've never had to go through that kind of nonsense. Really.

Anonymous said...

I echo anonymous. I've never had any spyware, adware or virus problems on any of my Macs.

Varsenik said...

Did you fix this on the PTM blog as well? I had a few redirects over the summer.

Yes, even though I use a Mac.