Monday, September 17, 2007

From Our Buddy John Huntington

My friend Rebecca entered the "Public Radio Talent Quest", a sort of "American Idol" to generate new public radio "host" talent. There were 1400 or so entries, and Rebecca made it through three rounds of cuts to the final round, with just five entrants remaining. Three of these five entrants will be given the resources to make a full pilot show, which could, possibly, lead to a series on public radio.

I engineered and edited Rebecca's final round entry (Rebecca did the field recording). We ended up with about 12 hours to get the whole thing together while about 200 miles apart. So, I'm asking you to go the site, listen to her piece, and (I hope) give it a vote of "Excellent".

Rebecca was the clear audience winner of the previous rounds, and audience voting will count for at least 1/3 of the final decision. So, winning the audience voting for this round would be a clear leg up.

You have to register for the site in order to vote, but it just takes a couple minutes, and Rebecca's piece is only five minutes (exactly). The key--you must vote by 11:59pm ET on Sunday September 23rd. That's less than a week away.

Please go to this page and register (I didn't get any spam from them, so I think it's safe) http://www.publicradioquest.com/user/register

Then, please go to this site, listen and vote.
http://www.publicradioquest.com/node/2616

I hope you will agree with me that Rebecca deserves an "Excellent"
vote.

Thanks!!!

John Huntington
http://www.controlgeek.net/

No comments: