Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ellipses...

Ticketmaster is so greedy they charge you $2.50 to print your own tickets... It got humid again... That sure is one comfy chair we bought... Can there be any doubt that whatever the official report says the administration will interpret it to be exactly what they want? I think not... I watched some pool play and the semis for the FIBA Championship of the Americas. The finals were on another network, one I don't get... I guess it's true, if there won't be a quiz, people won't do it... I hope Tim Gunn's show is good. It'd be a real shame if it sucks... I don't think I care what Apple announces tomorrow... We're back in the brother-in-law's fantasy football league this year. Confidence isn't very high... Someone ought to pay me for the time I spend shredding mail I don't want. They should pay you too... I can't make the DVR do what I want, although I have a sneaking suspiscion that if it were a TIVO I could... Gallactica mini-sodes are an unfair assault on loyal viewers... All the dining services on campus are open again. I was probably better off when they weren't... Is it wrong to not do something when not given a due date? I'll have to think about that... Brey'tak REALLY needs brushing... Congress is back in session. I feel better already. Not... Really I need to do something about our driveway... I wonder if I would enjoy being in OSWALD... All the mortgage stories on the radio are making me real nervous... I gave a book to my boss today. I hope she doesn't think it sucks... We got the "Forbidden Lego" book today. It's cool, but I think I was expecting more... I got the cats a "litter robot." So far they only trust it for #1. I wonder what that's about... I hope everyone had a good labor day weekend...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My brother has an entertaining (though mildly time consuming) way of venting his frustration at junk mail. He takes the extra moment to pull out the prepaid reply envelope then shreds the rest. Then he takes a healthy mix of shredded ads, stuffs the reply envelope as full as possible, and mails it back to the company. While it takes a little extra time, and costs the world a little extra gas to run it back to the company, he gets the satisfaction of envisioning clerks around the country opening envelopes and finding shredded paper, and knowing that he upped the companies advertising cost by just a little bit more. Of course, it truth, he's probably gumming up some automated mail opening machine, but that's probably even more effective....

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I totally love the idea of shredding the stuff before putting it back in the envelope!!! I currently take all the postage paid envelopes and just put back in anything w/o my name and address, including the envelope it all came in, then send it back.

I don't think the extra fuel cost really adds up but I do like the idea of the USPS earning a little extra $$.

Anonymous said...

As a practical matter, I'd be happy if it were required that all junk mail be 100% recyclable. Then I wouldn't have to open it just to pull out the plastic or stickers - it could go in the recycling unopened.

will said...

wow, you're not kidding about ticketmaster. i went online to try to buy some tickets to a concert tomorrow night and found out that for every $15 ticket Ticketmaster charged a $10 convenience fee. Wait a minute: a 65% service charge isn't very convenient at all. I hardly ever tip that well, and that's for people who actually DO something. I'll just drive by the venue on my way home and buy the tickets. Seems like it ought to be renamed the "laziness fee".