Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Because I Have To

It's been a while since I posted anything. We're into spring break; actually, it's half over already and I haven't much notice it started. For some reason I feel like I have been working more during break than during classes. We were off starting Friday, but I had to go in for a search meeting. I went in on Saturday just to organize the work I knew I had in front of me. Sunday was all about grading, and then the same on Monday because mid-semester grades were due Monday evening. Though not completely about me, I wound up entering my last mid-semester grades with about 45 seconds to spare (its a team taught course and I was waiting for some grades). While I was trying to plow through things on Monday the show kept coming into my office - the shop is working through the break. That lead to a two hour pseudo-production meeting on Tuesday.

And then all of a sudden it's Wednesday.

I am teaching again on Monday, there's still some grading to do, and also the matter of eight weeks of crew calls to schedule. Time for Tom Cruise in Risky Business. I am going in for a couple of hours tomorrow and then Mrs. TANBI and are are fleeing the area code. I think I don't care what I ignore, I am getting some break in this break.

Of course, after Monday I am off to Houston for USITT, and then a week after that we have no class for a week for Playground, so in some ways this semester is just one long rolling break. But that's not really the same.

The grading orgy got me thinking I would do a post about the trials and tribulations of grading assignments, but the urge may have passed. Probably it will come back again at the end of the semester.

If you are on break, I hope you are having a good one.

1 comment:

elj said...

See you in Houston!